Monday, December 11, 2006

Keep it Green all year

I'll be the first to admit that the environment isn't the first thing I think of in my daily activities, although I do try to be as environmentally friendly as I can. After a bit of emailfest with some friends, I've decided to post some simple ways that we can all help make a better impact on the environment in our everyday life. I want to thank Melaine, who was the one who offered these simple tips:

1. Turn down your thermostat (or up depending on the season) I will admit that trying to program the programable thermostate I have takes a degree in binary science, but I will do a better job at it.
2. Seal your windows.
3. Wash your clothes in Cold Water
4. Use compact fluorescent or LED lights. I have changed a few bulbs in my house to those flourescent curly ones, now the light that comes off them takes a little getting used to but even if you just change 4 or 5 random bulb especially and this goes out to my neighbour Wallace the outside light that we often leave on all night...very wise one to change
5. Run your dishwasher/washer/dryer at night out of peaktime. This I can gladly say I do almost all of the time, and it's a nice background noise when you are watching that distracting "Deal or No Deal."
6. Unplug unused appliances - they suck phantom power even when not in use. I had no idea my toaster was such a little energy bitch this will be taken care of immediately.
7. Walk/bike/ttc more, drive less. I'll admit this is more of a seasonal thing if the weather is nice I'll walk or bike, but I'm gonna try to do mre of this even when the weather's a bit crappy
and lastly....
Make sure that your tire pressure is correct can reduce the amount of gas your car burns

All I ask is you try to do one or two of those above and the best part is you will feel better too!
For more helpful information please visit this site:
click here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....perhaps you can share your eco-friendly views with regards to hotel bath towels???

3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: