Wednesday, January 12, 2005

2005!

Since mid December I have been working on my house, sanding, and painting and plastering, sanding and painting and tearing up carpets and yet more sanding and some cable running. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel I should be in my own house really soon.

I will say this the staff at Home Depot have all been really good, and while my heart really wants to support RONA because it's a Canadian co. and it's good to support such business' since they are constantly being scooped up. I have to say that Home Depot looks better, it's laid out better, the staff seems cheerer and more knowledgable and as bogus as this might sound, orange just works in that store, makes it seem less treatening to the average lay person who needs hardware or household DIY stuff.

So if there is anyone at RONA who might be out there, your store look, layout and staff attitude needs changing to survive.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused because I was certain that Home Depot was an American company. And so I looked it up and low and behold, I was right! Home Depot originates from Atlanta, Georgia, US of A Plus they are not exactly the best corporate citizen on the block. Have you asked them what they have done about their use of wood from old growth rain forest?

Smiles! CleverGirl

2:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. When's the housewarming party???

CleverGirl!

2:27 p.m.  
Blogger Marco T said...

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear in the posting. Home Depot is a U.S based company, and RONA is Canadian. While I try to support RONA, I find that Home Depot just has a better feel when you walk in the store, the staff is friendlier, seems willing to assist and knowledgable; which is definately lacking at RONA (and I've been to a few). So it's with a heavy heart that I tend to frequent Home Depot more than I do RONA, I do hope RONA is able to step up to the plate and correct these issue to remain competitive with Home Depot.

10:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: