Friday, November 12, 2004

Politically Speaking

OK, with the U.S election having gone in favour of Bush I've had many sentiments on the situation. But I think there is a song that for me sums up my feelings on George W. Bush and it's by one of the greatest poets and songwriters ever, his name Leonard Cohen, the song; The Future, Here's the first stanza:

Give me back my broken night
my mirrored room, my secret life
it's lonely here,
there's no one left to torture

Give me absolute control
over every living soul
And lie beside me, baby,
that's an order!

Give me crack and anal sex
Take the only tree that's left
and stuff it up the hole
in your culture

Give me back the Berlin wall
give me Stalin and St Paul.

I've seen the future, brother:
it is murder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: