Friday, September 10, 2004

Tonight at 6pm

OK so tonight at 6pm is the first of my last 3 shows here in Halifax.
I'm hoping for a good set.
So to finish off yesterday...
I went to the Italian Association of Halifax, nice place and nice people. Diana drove me to ATV studios where I changed into Vito, I had about a minute on the show and I tried to keep it clean and Italian which meant I did my Leaning Tower of Pisa bit, I don't know how well in translates to TV but the people in the studio laughed so we'll see. Then I got a ride back to my place in a Ferrari no less, it was there to represent the Italians at this ATV Breakfast tv taping for this morning's show. I taped it but only got the first bit for some strange reason it went from Breakfast TV to Canada AM which leads me to believe I should have been taping another channel. So I get back to my place and I decided now its time to see Pier 21 where my folks first came through when they first came to Canada. I get there and there is this Italian wine expo in one of the big halls, so I chat the lady up and even though it was a private affair she let me in. So they had parmiggiano and prosciutto and I went to town, and then the wine tasting, I was half in the bag and I realized I still have to see the exhibit. So I went to the museum and took a brief look at everything bought a video on Pier 21 and a souvenier but I didnt get to see the film they show, so I might have to go back.

After Pier 21 I walked around the city and tore down posters that covered mine, which is a daily event for me, it no longer angers or frustrates me. I decided to go to Mic Mac Mall in Dartmouth to pick up a gift for the young guy who is playing music at my show. Of course I had a blister the size of the rock of gibralter and was hobbling around this rancid mall, and found nothing. I did go to Chapters and pick up something for my show.

I went home and cooked some dinner, I was beat but still had to hand out more postcards and change some stuff at the theatre, which I did but that meant going back and forth from my place to the theatre at least 3 times and its a bit of a walk.

I went to a bar and then when I was off to another it started to rain so I went home and as I was getting close to home it stopped--go figure.

I woke up this morning to sounds of drilling outside my place where of course they are doing construction.

Today I have a day of getting stuff together for my show. And eating.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: