Thursday, July 08, 2004

Spiderman 2

Last night I went and saw Spiderman 2, I was really looking forward to it, because I thought the first one was incredible.

I didn't enjoy this one. I didn't think it was a piece of shit like The Hulk, but I was bored a lot. When Peter's Aunt goes on the lecture, I kept thinking "when is this old broad gonna die already". Special effects as you would expect are great. But I think the director Raimi was really trying to showcase what made him a cult hero with all the hands coming in from no where into the frame and the whole chainsaw bit. News Flash: We expect more then just a rehashing of devices that have worked in your 'B' films from the past. I could overlook the schlocky dialogue, it was in the first one and was charming but in this one it's put on thick layers and gets tiresome.

Finally I could believe almost everything in the film, but I found it is totally unbelievable that Kirsten Dunst is a poor super model who would appear on billboards across New York, I mean c'mon even the kids are going to have trouble with that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogsCanada Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Search Popdex: